Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Primary Day!

Actually Super Tuesday. I neglected to blog on Florida's actual primary day. I would tell you that it was because Florida's votes didn't really count, but it was truly because I've been a very lazy kitty of late. Predictably, Clinton won our race due to early fronrunnerness and a bit of guerilla marketing. McCain also won, which showed a bit of sense perhaps...but most likely just a sense of solidarity among the elderly of this state.
I am paying attention to the polls today, though. Somewhat. I'm playing with friends, though, which does divide my attention somewhat. I saw Huckabee won West Virginia. Unsurprising, as it is rumored to be a very conservative electorate that tends toward the evangelical.
I think, however, that whoever the Democratic nominee is will win the presidency. The biggest challenge would come from McCain, and he's been too deeply in bed with the current administration for the taste of those who find W distasteful.

Toeing the line is, in fact, what I have against McCain. Despite railing against Bush in the 2000 campaign, he has since agreed with most everything the neocons have spit at the public. I suspect that the GOP promised McCain that if he would lay off they would give him the nomination this year. He tries to play the maverick, but he can't have it both ways. That being said, he'd likely be better than W anyway.

I am not afeared of Hillary either, I just think that she has been terribly gullible in voting for the Iraq war among other things. Either gullible or politically expedient, which is what has gotten us into an unfortunate mess with the hawks in the white house. She's mediocre. Meh. Not a dynamic centrist like her husband, though she can count on him for support.

Obama is a stirring speaker, and an inspirational leader. He has had a quick rise, which I appreciate. He's young, which I also appreciate. He has a rich baritone that I would not mind listening to for the next few years. On the other hand, he wants to be president, which means he is obviously insane.

More as the zany Super Tuesday results come in, maybe.

No comments: